Friday, August 9, 2013

Buku Dan Khairi Di Pagi Hari Raya

One day before hari raya, I bought one book for Khairi, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. I kalau jumpa dia, automatically both of us, would talk about a books that we read and recommended to each other. We have been doing this for as long as I can remember dari zaman dia sekolah lagi. We have so much passion and it never bored us. I suka sebab at least I have somebody to share my interest with, yelakan, kat rumah I nak discuss dengan siapa, dengan husband I? I must be joking... Kalau I recommended a book for him to read, he would gave all kind of alasan, “I masa study, dah banyak baca buku, I kat office asyik baca this and that contracts, paperwork, I’m a speed reader, dalam masa sejam boleh habis satu buku bla bla bla”. Porah!

Sebelum tu during one of puasa where me and my husband makan kat rumah in law, as usual we were talking about a book and he wanted to lend me a hardcover 1Q84 book by Haruki Murukami for me to read and one other book. I kata, “It’s ok nanti I beli or maybe not sebab I dah download kat my Samsung Note 10.4 beside Khairi said 1Q84 nie a bit slow. I buku yang slow nie memang buat I cepat turn off. And also, I jenis yang prefer to buy for myself rather than borrow from others and I don’t mind kasi orang pinjam mine. Dulu I kasi dia pinjam one set of Ghost Stories from Singapore (ada cerita seram yang amat) and rasanya macam ada yang lain lagi but that was long time ago. Then we were talking about A Thousand Splendid Suns nie, I told him I dah baca and I can lend him on my next visit. He was so excited. Like I said one day before Raya tu, I decided to buy for him instead of lending to him. Seingat I, I never gave him anything but husband I kata pernah, I je yang lupa. But nevermind, since he was generous to me (oh, dia pernah bagi I CD Destiny Child dulu, I still simpan sampai sekarang), I thought, why don’t I surprised him di pagi raya yang mulia ini (eceh).

So back to a story about the book that I bought for Khairi and gave him on the first day of Hari Raya.  Sampai sana, I salam-salam with all of them and lepas dia habis salam I, I cakap, Khairi wait, I want to give you something. I bagi dalam plastic aje, mula nak wrap but rasa macam formal la pulakkan. Dia kata, oh, buku yang nak kasi pinjam, I said no, a gift for you, terkejut dia and I saw a twinkling in his eyes and a smile on his face. Ahh...I tell you I paling suka bila I bagi orang something and I can see the sincerity, plus the element of surprise in their expression. You can also catch either they are sincere or not right away. In his case, pure joy and exciting. The art of giving is so great and nikmatnya tak terkata. I think, I should buat kerja charity, I’d told my husband a few times on my interest on charities work but dia kata tak payah la, charity nie semua penipu, dorang ambik duit and not giving to the right channel. My husband is very suspicious and not trusting just about everything except me.  

Anyway, Khairi tanya, bagi eh?, I kata yes, dia kata thank you thank you sambil menguntum senyuman bujang yang tak lama lagi akan bertunang itu. Dia baca belakang buku, dia cakap ada harga, I sengih je... aisye, lupa nak buang. Then I cepat ubah topic, I kata buku sekarang mahal, tak macam zaman auntie dulu 24 hinggit je. Dia kata dia lama dah nak beli buku nie tapi dia berkira-kira because of the price. I wish harga buku nie murah-murah especially for orang yang berpendapatan sederhana, in my case, langsung tak ada pendapatan ini, hanya mengharap sesuap mee maggi perasa tomyam dari husband I (mula la nak tarik simpati, apahal? haha..) but I do know it is not the government’s fault because government dah buat macam-macam nak kasi masyarakat malaysia nie untuk menjadi pembaca yang tegar and in fact dibolehkan untuk tolak tax of the price of the books up to RM1,000.00 a year. Ini importer yang greedy punya pasal, naikkan harga berlipat kali ganda. Anyway, I saw that he can’t take his eyes of the book when he put it near the gerobok tv yang usianya sudah menjangkau puluhan tahun and dia baca-baca sikit masa dia baring-baring...

I can assure you that, he will enjoy reading the book as much as I do.

Sekian catatan I kali ini....

No comments:

My Birthday Part 1

So today is my birthday.  At this age rasanya sama je, xde ada apa yang berbeza cuma I rasa I'm more mature in handling any kind of ...